How to Check your CRIF Credit Score?
The last time Rajesh and Aditya met, they had a good session discussing the basics of the credit score. They were again together to enjoy the one-day IPL Match between CSK and KXIP. CSK won this match comfortably by 5 wickets but Rajesh seemed much happier. Digging a little, Aditya came to know that ABC bank had finally sanctioned Rajesh the housing loan after his credit score was traced from another credit bureau.
“I owe you a party, my friend. It’s all thanks to the basics you made me aware of the credit scores. I went to the bank next day and possibly due to my discussions about the credit score, the banker searched more into my credit history. I was pleasantly surprised when he said that while he could not fetch my credit history from one of the credit bureaus, he could find my credit history and credit score in CRIF High Mark database. With a score of 755, it was easy thereafter.” Rajesh said all this in one go. He was not able to hide his excitement.
Aditya was happy to hear about Rajesh’s housing loan sanction.
“Oh great, a good score indeed. CRIF score is calculated by CRIF High Mark, India’s leading credit bureau, which has the largest credit bureau database of individuals and supports millions of lending decisions every month.”
“But there must be a way to check this score by myself too. I must keep a regular track of my credit score now.” As always, Rajesh was excited about the new thing he was made aware of.
Aditya was happy to guide him again. It seemed like he had been waiting for this question since long.
Here are the steps to get your free CRIF Credit score:
- Open CRIF portal, https://cir.crifhighmark.com/
- Click on “Get Your Score Now” button.
- A pop up will open asking your email address for communication purposes. Enter your email address here to proceed.
- The next window will ask you about few details which will help CRIF High Mark identify you amongst the complete database. The details as may be asked are name, date of birth, mobile number, address and PAN or Aadhaar number.
- Once you review and submit the information, you will be asked one security credit question, which will be based upon the records so traced basis the information furnished above.
- If you are able to answer the security credit question correctly, your CRIF credit report is available to you for download.
You should also be happy to note that everyone is entitled to a free credit report and score from CRIF High Mark once every year. So, get your credit report without paying any charges.
“Oh, that is good. I will definitely download my CRIF High Mark credit report once I get back home.” Rajesh was happy to again learn something new.
“It’s time to enjoy the tea now. The rainy weather is calling pakodas to my kitchen now. I will not let you go before we enjoy that.”
“But yes, how could bank not find my credit report with one credit bureau while getting the same from another credit bureau.” Rajesh was in no mood to let Aditya go.
“We always have a good time when we meet over the weekends. So, let’s keep this question for then.”
Rajesh and Aditya were smiling now.